Explore 2 of the most fascinating places in India on this exciting 3-day adventure. Spend a day exploring the sights of Delhi before embarking for 2 awe-inspiring days in the sacred city of Varanasi to see its remarkable riverbank rituals.
What to Expect
Spend 3 days exploring some of the India's most fascinating places on this 3-day tour of Delhi and Varanasi. Enjoy a day of exploration in the vast city of Delhi and visit the Qutub Minar and the Jama Masijid, before embarking on an overnight train to the sacred city of Varanasi. Spend 2 glorious days in the Holy City and learn all about its rich spiritual history while witnessing the moving spiritual rituals along the Ganges River.
Day 1: Delhi
Begin the morning with a pick-up directly at your hotel and immediately set off on a sightseeing tour of Delhi. Admire the inscriptions of the Qutub Minar and the beautiful Jama Masjid mosque. Visit the famous Humayun's Tomb and beautiful Lotus Temple, and drive past the Rashtrapati Bhavan on your way to India's national monument: India Gate. Throughout the day, enjoy some wonderful eating experiences from a variety of traditional cuisine, and leave Delhi in the evening aboard an overnight train to Varanasi.
Day 2: Varanasi
After settling in to your hotel in Varanasi, enjoy a guided tour of the sacred city. Varanasi, a religious capital of Hinduism and the symbol of Hindu renaissance, is filled with beautiful mosques and temples, such as the stunning Kashi Vishwanath Temple and the grand Gyanvapi Mosque.
Varanasi also holds the Benaras Hindu University, Asia's biggest university and a center of learning and civilization for over 3,000 years. Visit all these and other important monuments throughout the day, including the sacred place for Jains and the birthplace of Parsvanath, and in the evening, attend the aarti at the Ghat against the backdrop of the setting sun.
Day 3: Varanasi Delhi
In the early morning, take a boat ride down the sacred river Ganges to see the sun rise over the cremation Ghats and observe the sacred rituals of the faithful on the banks of the river. Return for a walk through the cobblestone streets along the banks of the Ganges river and visit the multitude of shops selling handcrafts and holy beads, handicrafts. In the evening, board the overnight train back to Delhi.
- Round-trip transportation from Delhi to Varanasi in overnight trains with air-conditioning
- 1 night accommodation in 3-star hotel in Varanasi with breakfast
- Sightseeing tour of Delhi in private car with air-conditioning
- Sightseeing tour of Varanasi in private car with air-conditioning
- Local sightseeing boat ride down Ganges river
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Meals at hotels, with the exception of those listed in the inclusions
- Airfare and train fare can be booked on request, at additional cost
- Personal expenses, such as tipping, porters, laundry
- Entrance fees to monuments
Know Before You Go
• Passenger's full name, gender and age as well as a valid ID are required to book train tickets.
• Train tickets are not always available, especially on short notice.