Take the fast train to Agra and visit the world-famous Taj Mahal on this day trip from Delhi. This spectacular tour takes you on a discovery of India’s finest sights, including Agra Fort, Itmad-ud-Daula (Baby Taj), Mehtab Bagh, and Fatehpur Sikri.
What to Expect
Enjoy a ride on one of India’s renowned trains and discover Agra and the Taj Mahal with an English-speaking tour guide. The Taj Mahal was built in pristine white marble by the mighty grieving Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal and is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The tour also takes you to visit Agra Fort – the magnificent and imposing red stone structure built by the mighty emperor Akbar, grandfather of Shah Jahan. This Fort was built both to defend and impress his subjects.
You shall also visit Mehtab Bagh and Itmad-ud-Daula (Baby Taj). From Mehtab Bagh you have a stunning view of the rear side of the Taj Mahal. Baby Taj is the first Mughal monument built in full marble.
The magnificent uninhabited city of Fatehpur Sikri, known as the ghost city, is included in your itinerary. Built by Akbar in honor of Sufi mystic Salim Chishty for successfully predicting that Akbar shall have an heir to his throne, this amazing fort showcases the secular vision of Akbar.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Delhi
- Train ticket from Delhi to Agra (breakfast included)
- Car and driver in Agra and for the drive to Fatehpur Sikri
- Train ticket from Agra to Delhi (dinner included)
- English-speaking guide in Agra and Fatehpur Sikri
What's Not Included
- Lunch in Agra
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Personal expenses and drinks
- Camel ride
Know Before You Go
• Full name of passenger, their gender and age are required to book train tickets.
• Buffet lunch at a 5-star hotel can be pre-booked at an additional cost of Rs. 1,200 per person.
• You can skip the visit to Fatehpur Sikri in favor of the Taj Mahal Sunset view option. Sunset view is done from Mehtab Bagh.
• Train tickets are not always available, especially on short notice.