Enjoy a private full-day tour of Delhi, and discover the city with a professional English-speaking guide. Learn more about the city’s rich history, as you visit stunning Mughal architecture, and landmarks of love, empire, and religion.
What to Expect
Take a private full-day tour of Delhi to get to know the city’s incredible history in more intimate detail. The popular 8-hour tour includes all transportation, and the services of a personal driver throughout the day.
Following a hotel pick-up, your first stop will be the stunning 17th-Century Red Fort, also known as Lal Qil'ah or Lal Qila. Explore the fortress complex, constructed by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in the walled city of Old Delhi, and hear how it served as the capital of the Mughals until 1857, when Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar was exiled by the British Indian government.
Next, head to the Jama Masjid, the largest and best-known mosque in India, commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, who also constructed the Taj Mahal. After a stop at the Raj Ghat, the memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, you will visit India Gate. Originally known as All India War Memorial, this major landmark commemorates the 90,000 soldiers of the British Indian Army who lost their lives fighting in World War I and the Afghan Wars.
Continue to Qutub Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret. Construction on the amazing structure began in 1193, under the orders of India's first Muslim ruler, Qutb-ud-din Aibak. Take some time to explore Humayun’s Tomb, and then sit back as you enjoy a drive through the impressive Diplomatic Area, past Presidential House and the Parliament Buildings.
- All transportation with private driver
- English-speaking guide
- Government Service Tax 5.80%
What's Not Included
- Additional expenses
- Travel insurance
- Monument entrance fees
- Please let us know if you require a guide in another language, such as German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Russian etc. (However, note that guides are subject to availability at the time of booking)
What to Remember
• A USD 10 supplement will be applied if you require a guide in other languages, including Italian, French, Spanish, Russian etc., payable directly to the driver and subject to minimum of 2 paying guests
• For hotels located in the suburbs of Delhi, the charge for guide and car will be USD 10 per person, payable directly, and subject to a minimum of 2 paying guests