New Delhi: Half-Day Food Safari Walking TourProduct ID: 36580
From £43 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceA location of your chosing within Delhi city limits
- Taste delicious roadside foods from across India
- Ride the Delhi Metro and a rickshaw cycle
- Savor the spices and flavors of street foods, such as panners and pavs
- Try a shwarma roll in the country where it originated
- Get expert advice on what to eat and drink from your foodie guide
With the help of your knowledgable guide, find all kinds of interesting foods to try at a local bazaar. Your guide will be on hand at all times to explain the unfamiliar dishes, and offer advice on the best food and drinks to try.
Starting at 15:00, take the Delhi Metro to reach the designated station. Then, climb aboard a local rickshaw to cycle to the bazaar. Here you can try some mouthwatering shwarma rolls, a tasty fruit beer, or Bombay's famous vada pav (spicy potato deep fried and sandwiched in pav buns).
Savor some sublime paneer tikka (marinated and grilled paneer), a Maharashtrian pav bhaji or a pani puri (crisp fried puri bread filled with tamarind chutney, chili, and chaat masala). If you still have space, try a North Indian aloo tikki made from potatoes and various spices, and a summery faluda kulfi drink to wash it down.
Once you are full, your guide will take you back to the central meeting point, or can help organize a tuk-tuk or taxi back to your hotel.
- Transportation by public transport from centrally located points in the city and back to the same point
- Delhi metro ride
- Rickshaw ride
- English-speaking guide
- Street food tastings (hygienic only)
- 1 bottle of water
- Anything not mentioned in what's included
Meet at Café Coffee Day, B Block, Radial Road No. 3, Inner Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi, DL 110001 (it's near Rajiv Chowk Metro Station) Call +91 93 12 875260 if any problems (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 36580