Climb aboard the air-conditioned Taj Express in Delhi and make haste for the city of Agra where you will enjoy a guided tour of the Taj Mahal, the world’s most romantic mausoleum. Visit Agra Fort and the Mehtab Bagh, before speeding back to Delhi!
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day trip to the beautiful city of Agra from Delhi, making light work of the distance aboard the fast, air-conditioned Taj Express.
To make the most of your day in Agra, you will depart from your Delhi hotel at 05:30. A tour representative will transfer you to the train station and make sure you are safely on board, providing you with a bottle of mineral water for the journey.
Approximately 2.5 hours later, arrive in Agra and meet your guide for the transfer to the Taj Mahal. One of the 7 Wonders of the World, the marble mausoleum is surely the most extravagant expression of love ever created. The labor of some 20,000 men over more than 17 years went into building the memorial to Shah Jahan's beloved wife. It will take you less time and effort to appreciate their work.
Continue to Agra Fort, the majestic red-sandstone fortress on the banks of the River Yamuna. Explore the palaces of the Rajputs and Mughals within the walled complex. Then, head across to the Mehtab Bagh gardens, built by the Mughals on the banks of the Yamuna River.
Enjoy stunning views of the rear façade of the Taj Mahal, before visiting what is often referred to as the “Baby Taj” - the jewel-like Itmad-ud-Daula. Admire the first Mughal monument built completely out of marble before your return train ride to Delhi.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Delhi
- Round-trip train tickets from Delhi to Agra and back
- Tour of Agra by air-conditioned car
- English-speaking guide in Agra
What's Not Included
- Lunch and drinks in Agra
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• The full name, gender and age of each passenger is required to book train tickets
• Please note that the train tickets are not always available, especially at short notice. Please book early
• Valid ID, passport, or voter ID number is required to book tickets