Embark on a 10-day spiritual and cultural journey to such exciting locations as Jaipur, Agra, and Varanasi, led by an expert guide. See the Taj Mahal, ride an elephant, and travel by night train on this whirlwind adventure around the Golden Triangle!
What to Expect
Explore India’s Golden Triangle on this fabulous 10-day tour led by an expert English-speaking guide.
Begin in Delhi, and explore the most historical and cultural monuments in the city. Journey on to Jaipur to roam the exquisite night markets, and travel by elephant to Amber Fort–one of the best-preserved examples of Rajput architecture.
Explore Agra, visiting such world famous sights as the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort. Catch an overnight train to the spiritual city of Varanasi, and soak up the unique atmosphere with a boat cruise along the River Ganges as the sun rises.
This is a spiritual, cultural, and informative journey, led by a series of expert guides. With all the important details already organized for you, such as 3-star hotel accommodation, itinerary, transport, and entrance fees, you can really relax and concentrate on experiencing the delights of India free from all the normal stresses of traveling.
Arrive at Delhi Airport and meet with your guide. Transfer to the Hotel Apra Deluxe (or similar) and stay overnight.
Day 2 (B)
After breakfast take a sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi. Visit the 11th century Qutab Minar, India Gate, Himayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, and the grand government buildings. See the President's House and also visit the Red fort, Jamia Mosque, and Chandini Chowk Market. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 (B)
Today you will drive to Jaipur, this takes around 5 hours. Upon arrival check into Hotel Rajputana Haveli (or similar). Enjoy some sightseeing, and have a free evening to explore Jaipur’s excellent night markets. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 4 (B)
Explore Amber Fort, a magnificent example of Rajput architecture. Ride up to the fort on an elephant! Afterwards visit the City Palace and the Palace of Winds. See the Royal Observatory, which was built by the Maharajah Jai Singh out of his passion for astronomy. Stay overnight at your hotel in Jaipur.
Day 5 (B)
After breakfast drive to Agra, this takes around 5 hours. En route visit the deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri which was abandoned when the town's water supply dried up. Upon arrival in Agra check in and rest at the Hotel Bhoomi Residency (or similar). Stay overnight.
Day 6 (B)
At sunrise visit the majestic Taj Mahal. Afterwards make a trip to the Agra Fort. Have some free time to explore in the afternoon. In the evening transfer to the station in order to board the overnight train to Varanasi. Sleep on the train.
Upon arrival in Varanasi meet your guide, and transfer to Hotel India (or similar). In the afternoon enjoy a city tour led by an expert guide. Stay overnight at your hotel.
Day 8 (B)
After breakfast explore Varanasi. This is said to be the India's most sacred city, situated on the western bank of the holy River Ganges. With hundreds of temples dotting the city, sunrise on the riverfront as seen from a boat can be a spiritually uplifting sight. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Enjoy a morning boat cruise on the River Ganges to observe the way of life of pilgrims by the Ghats. Afterwards visit Sarnath, the deer park, and the museum. Head back to Varanasi to board the flight to Delhi. Upon arrival meet your new guide and transfer to your hotel. Stay overnight at your hotel. (Please note: flight is not included in the price).
This a day free for relaxation and souvenir shopping. In the evening transfer to the airport or train station for your onward journey.
- Roundtrip transfers from your Delhi hotel
- Air-conditioned transportation
- English-speaking guide (other languages available with a supplementary fee)
- Driver/fuel/parking charges
- Sleeper class train tickets from Agra to Varanasi
- 3-star accommodation in twin sharing room including breakfast
What's Not Included
- Camera charges
- Lunch and dinner (can be organized as per request for an additional fee)
- Flight tickets from Varanasi to Delhi (can be organized for an additional fee)
- Elephant ride
- Entrance Tickets.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Abyss Tours can also arrange for your flight tickets from Varanasi to Delhi. If you wish Abyss Tours to book your flight, please don't forget to leave complete names of all travelers and their passport numbers when booking. You can also email this information to the supplier after booking. The cost of the flight is about 95 US DOLL per person. Please note this is an approximate price, and the exact fee might be slightly higher depending on the date. This amount is to be paid in cash to the supplier on the day of the tour. If you decide to cancel the tour, this fee will be deducted from your booking.