Skip the lines and explore the ruins of Pompeii. Hike the slopes of the volcano Vesuvius with a local specialized guide and enjoy the option of a wine tasting in a local vineyard with a local lunch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 7 - 7.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, Italian, French
- Optional audio guide
- German, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian
- Pickup included
- Your guide will hold a sign with the name of the local partner, Worldtours, written on it. Please contact the local partner after making your booking to confirm your pickup time.
- Small group available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Please choose one of the meeting points from the list for the guide to pick you up. As this is a group tour, requests for changes to the meeting point will not be accepted.
- During the low-season, a live guide inside Pompeii ruins will be provided with a minimum of 6 participants per language; up to 5 participants we will provide audioguides.
- Confirm the selceted meeting point and pickup time by contacting the supplier 12 hours before the tour, which starts between 8:00am and 8:30am, with pickup around 45-60 minutes prior.
- The tour is subject to weather conditions. In case of bad weather or closure of any Vesuvius trails, an alternative Vesuvius route will be provided. If all routes are closed, the customer will be refunded 30% of the tour cost.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress according to the weather. The tour involves approximately 4 hours of outdoor walking, so wear comfortable and secure shoes suitable for walking on natural trails with inclines.