2-Hour Private Walking Tour of PompeiiProduct ID: 30863
From £152.85 Per group up to 15Book now
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii with a private guide
- Walk along the original road made of volcanic basalt rock
- See the buildings of the Forum, the city center for religion, trade, administration, and politics
- Admire the Temple of Apollo, Capitolium, Temple of the Emperor, and Basilica
- Go to one of Pompeii's bakeries, and see the Roman equivalent of fast food
- Walk through the old Red Light District looking at the erotic frescoes
Start at Porta Marina, one of the best preserved city gates. Walk along the original basalt road of volcanic rocks, looking down at hundreds of little white travertine spots used to reflect torch light. See big blocks of basalt emerging from the road, used by pedestrians to avoid getting wet when it rained.
Explore the buildings of the Forum, such as the Temple of Apollo, Temple of the Emperor, and Macellum market. You will also see a display of human casts of the Pompeii residents caught by the volcano in the exact pose that they died.
Discover the Roman equivalent of today’s fast-food restaurants, and see the bakeries of Pompeii, where carbonized loaves of bread where found during the excavations.
Continue to the former Red Light District to see Roman frescoes of erotic images. And visit one of the city’s 3 theaters, either at the outdoor arena for public performances, the indoor theater for mime and poetry, and the outdoor theater for tragedies and comedies.
- Private guide
- Admission fees
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet your guide at Porta Marina Superiore, the main gate by the ticket office next to Villa dei Misteri train station. Please note that there are several entrances to the site. (Open in Google Maps)
• The itinerary is flexible upon your interests and physical ability. The tour aims to give a general idea of an ancient Roman town, seeing one example of each type of building
Product ID: 30863