Take in magnificent Mount Vesuvius and the ancient city of Pompeii on a tour along the Amalfi coast. Explore the ruins of Pompeii, see uncovered remains of Roman life from 79 A.D., reach the summit of Vesuvius, and visit a lovely coral and cameo factory.
What to Expect
Discover the beauty of the Amalfi coast, climb Mount Vesuvius, and see the excavation site at Pompeii, all on one tour! Drive along the coastal road and pass the picturesque towns that make Italy's Campania region unforgettable, then explore the ancient city of Pompeii.
In Pompeii you’ll have the chance to explore one of Europe's most compelling excavation sites. This Roman city was lost for 1700 years, partially destroyed and buried under ash and pumice after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll have a unique insight into ancient city life.
After lunch depart for Mount Vesuvius. The minibus takes you 1000 meters up the volcano, then you’ll be escorted by a guide to the summit. From here enjoy have views over the southern part of the volcano and, during days with good visibility, the entire gulf of Naples. On the journey back, visit one of the most prestigious cameo and coral factories in the region to see the production of typical Italian carvings.
- Full-day of tour bus service
- English-speaking guide
- Headphones inside the ruins with live commentary
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Meals and personal shopping
Meeting point depends on the option chosen.
What to Remember
• Please note that this tour will only be available in German on Thursdays
• Customers under 18 years of age are entitled to free admission to state archaeological sites and museums if they show a valid identity document
• Customers aged between 18 and 25 are entitled to a 50% discount on entrance fees if they show a valid identity document
• Excursions may operate in 2 languages: the languages may vary depending on the daily demand
• Please provide hotel name/accomodation address in order to reconfirm exact pick-up point