This combined tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum is a perfect excursion for archaeology lovers. Enjoy a full day exploring these Roman cities that were buried in 79 A.D. by ash from the eruption of Vesuvius. Take time for extensive exploration of the sites.
What to Expect
Enjoy a day visiting the 2 most famous archaeological sites in Campania! You’ll leave from Pompeii in the morning by deluxe motor coach on this full-day tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
When you arrive at Pompeii, you’ll have around 2 hours to tour the archaeological excavations of this commercial center that was buried by the Vesuvius eruption. Discover the conditions and the contexts of ancient life that was suddenly interrupted during the night between 24 and 25 August 79 A.D. when 5 meters of lapilli and ash buried this city on the Campanian coast.
You’ll have free time for lunch before continuing on to Herculaneum.
When you reach Herculaneum, the other city buried by Vesuvius, you’ll have around 2 hours to explore the excavations. Unlike Pompeii, which was a thriving commercial center, Herculaneum was a quaint residential coastal town.
On the return journey you’ll stop at well-known cameo atelier. Please note that this tour is not suitable for those with limited mobility as it involves a long day of walking around excavations sites.
- Full-day GT bus transport
- English-speaking guide
- Headphones inside ruins, with live commentary
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Personal shopping
What to Remember
• Under 18s are entitled to free admission to sites and museums upon production of a valid ID
• Adults aged 18 to 25 can obtain a 50% discount on entrance fees upon production of a valid ID
• Excursions operate in 2 languages: the languages may vary depending on daily demand
• Please provide your hotel name/accommodation address in order to confirm pick-up point