Explore one of the world’s most important archeological museums. See treasures from Pompeii and Herculaneum, with frescos and mosaics removed from house walls, as well as statues and ordinary and precious objects from the Roman era.
What to Expect
Visit the Naples National Archeological Museum with your day admission ticket and marvel at one of the world’s finest collections of Greco-Roman artifacts.
Charles III of Spain founded the museum in the mid-18th century. The building housing the museum at that time had been erected as a cavalry barracks and at one point was the seat of the University of Naples (1616 to 1777).
The museum hosts extensive collections of Greek and Roman antiquities. The core of the collection comes from the Farnese Collection and includes engraved gems and the Farnese Marbles.
See the museum’s best-known collections as well as new displays such as the history of coins and the celebrated Secret Cabinet, the repository of obscene artifacts illustrating the erotic side of life for the ancient Romans.
- National Archeological Museum of Naples admission ticket
- Booking fee for groups of up to 13 people (€4)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
How to get the most out of your visit:
• Print out your GetYourGuide voucher and redeem it at the National Archeological Museum ticket office for an official entrance ticket
• Enjoy unlimited time inside the museum and explore it at your own pace
• Mobile vouchers are not accepted
• The ticket for the National Archeological Museum of Naples is valid only for the day it is printed
• You will need to pass a security check before entering the museum
• It is not permitted to enter the attraction with rucksacks, suitcases or large bags
• Please bring a valid ID if you select the reduced-price admission ticket