Ancient Naples Stroll & Local Street Food Tasting
From £35 per personBook now
- Follow your expert local guide on this evening stroll to see some of the top sights, Baroque architecture and picturesque piazzas
- Savor Neapolitan delights as your guide leads you on a delicious dining experience of its celebrated street food
- Enjoy the most characteristic locales and flavors of one of Italy’s premier gastronomic capitals
All along your evening stroll, your guide will fill you with the urban legends and history that make Naples come to life, as you dine on delectable examples of the city’s famed street food. If you thought you knew pizza, think again. Naples is home to so many original varieties that you’ll have a hard time choosing your option. Then pass to the savory ‘pagnutiello’, a symphony of fried seafood known as a ‘cuoppo’, or ‘cup’, due to the paper cone it's served in, or the ‘cuppetiello’, another succulent version that'll make your mouth water.
If you have a sweet tooth, then you’re definitely in the right place, too! Naples is home to some of the best and most famous pastries in the world with such delicious creations as scrumptious ‘sfogliatelle’, rich ‘Baba’ soaked in rum or the epicurean ‘zeppole’, filled with custard, jelly or cream. Your journey will take you through narrow, picturesque alleys as they open onto elegant piazzas. Pass from Piazza del Gesù, with the splendid Spanish-style Baroque Church of Gesù Nuovo and incredibly sculpted monument dedicated to the Holy Virgin. Visit the ancient heart of the city along Spaccanapoli, one of its oldest streets, dividing it in half. See San Gregorio Armeno, famous for its Christmas market and where the most beautiful nativity scene figures you have ever seen are sold year-round by sculptors that rival Michelangelo and Bernini. You will also pass the Naples Cathedral, Then it’s on to other scenic streets, like Via dei Tribunali and finally onto Piazza Dante, the city’s former market square, where your tour will end and it will be easy to catch a taxi or the metro back to your hotel.
- English-speaking local guide
- 8 street food tastings
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
In Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, the meeting point is under the Obelisk of the Immaculate Virgin. Arriving by metro (line 1): Get off at the "Dante" metro stop and take one of the exits leading you outside the metro. Once outside, walk along Via Toledo for 100 meters. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Via Sant’Anna dei Lombardi, and turn left into via Domenico Capitelli, then continue for about 100 meters until you get to Piazza del Gesù Nuovo.
• The tour is not able to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance,strollers or baby carriages
• Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight; it's recommended to bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
Product ID: 73103