Amalfi Coast from Naples & Buffalo Mozzarella TastingProduct ID: 73102
From £65 per personBook now
- Visit the world-famous town of Positano, with its colorful houses, tiny alleyways and secluded bay, truly the most dazzling place on the coast.
- See the amazing town of Amalfi, the former capital of a vast maritime republic
- Visit a local family-run cheesemaker’s shop for a delectable look into the region’s most cherished gastronomic specialties, Buffalo Mozzarella
- Enjoy insight from an expert local guide throughout the day to provide tips on the most authentic places
- Enjoy comfortable round trip transportation from Naples by private coach
Your next stop will be the former capital of the maritime republic that gave the whole area its name, the town of Amalfi. Formerly one of the most important trading powers in the Mediterranean, this port city in miniature is home to a dazzling piazza, pristine medieval cathedral and streets that will captivate you with their fairy tale-like flavor. Here you will also have free time for lunch, climb the immense staircase to the Cathedral (‘Duomo’) to visit its Arabesque cloister, and shop for Amalfi’s famous handmade ‘bambagina’ paper. If you prefer to relax on the beach, the tiny bay is an inviting place for a dip.
After taking in the crown jewels of the Amalfi coast, you'll travel up the tall verdant mountains that cradle it to take in more incredible views of the sky and sea below. Here you'll have the rare privilege to meet a local family-run cheesemaker to see how one of Italy’s most famous foods, Mozzarella di Bufala is made. Also known as ‘the queen of Mediterranean cuisine’, buffallo mozzarella cheese is made with pure buffalo’s milk, and it will be hard to go back to the stuff you get back home once you’ve tried it. You will also be able to try other locally produced cheeses like ‘caciocavallo’. Buy some cheese if you wish, then hop back on your private coach with your guide and enjoy the ride back to Naples.
- Tour as per description
- Mozzarella cheese tasting at a local producer
- Local expert English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food/beverage (not mentioned in the inclusions)
The meeting point is at Naples Central Train Station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci. With your back to the main entrance of Naples Central Train Station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you will see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left. Your guide will wait for you outside the entrance of this hotel. Arriving by metro (all lines): Get off at the "Garibaldi" metro stop and take one of the exits leading you outside. Then follow the instructions as above. (Open in Google Maps)
• Unfortunately guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments cannot be accommodated. Pushchairs or strollers are also not allowed.
Product ID: 73102