Discover sweeping coastline, historic lighthouses, and tales of pirates and vanished colonies with this self-guided driving tour along the scenic and storied Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Valid 365 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
This is a self-guided experience and not an entrance ticket. It begins in either Whalebone Junction Information Center - Outer Banks Visitors Bureau Cape Hatteras National Park Rd, Nags Head, NC 27959, USA. Be sure to check your email before you begin to download the Action Tour Guide app, enter your unique password, and access your tour. These steps require good data/wifi. From there, simply follow the audio instructions and the route. Have questions? Visit Action Tour Guide’s Help page: https://actiontourguide.com/faq/Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Power bank
- Charged Smartphone
- Downloaded app
- Your own vehicle
Know before you go
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app)
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location
- Flexible schedule: use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change
- Lifetime access: use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires
- Driving tours: use one tour per car and connect to the car speakers
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.