Discover the real Fiji on a half-day exploration of the Coral Coast. Visit a local school & bargain like a local at the market in Sigatoka, learn about traditional methods for crafting Fijian pottery, and take part in a customary kava ceremony .
What to Expect
Discover the real Fiji on a half-day exploration of the Coral Coast. Bargain like a local at the market in Sigatoka, learn about traditional methods for crafting Fijian pottery, and take part in a customary kava ceremony.
After you're picked up from your hotel, cruise past the island's southern beaches as you make your way along the Coral Coast. Cut inland at the Sigatoka River to reach the town of the same name, cruising through the village on your way to the bustling local market. Check out colorful heaps of tropical produce and seasonal fruit, and then continue on to the Lawai Pottery Village.
The villagers greet you with a traditional kava ceremony, pounding the kava root to make an earthy liquid and then sharing the drink as a sign of welcome. After the ceremony, watch the locals at work crafting pottery from the silty clay of the riverbed. Learn how local plants like eucalyptus resin are used to glaze and decorate these traditional. wares. Before you head back to your hotel, check out Sigatoka's massive Hare Krishna temple, which sits perched on a hilltop overlooking the river below.
- Guided tour of the Coral Coast
- Admission fees
- Bottled water, and soft drinks
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Nadi or Denarau hotel
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Children 4 and younger are complimentary.
• Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Please notify the tour operator in advance if you will be accompanied by a child requiring a car seat.
• At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
• Hotel pick–up is available from most centrally located Nadi and Denarau hotels.