One ticket, 56 attractions, your choice. Stay flexible and choose between 3, 5, 7, or 10 of the top attractions and tours in New York. Save up to 45%…
Enjoy skip-the-line access to some of the world's most challenging, curious art at The Museum of Modern Art's unique exhibits, in the heart of New…
Tour New York at your own pace with a ticket to the New York sightseeing, hop-on and hop-off bus loops. Tour Manhattan on the Uptown and Downtown…
The New York Pass is the easiest way to see the best attractions in New York City. Each pass allows you free entry to attractions, free tours and…
Definitely one of New York's most impressive museums, MoMA is itself architecturally as striking as the artworks housed within. For some help with how to make the most of your time, here are some tips and advice.
MoMA is open daily from 10:30AM to 5:30PM (except on Christmas and Thanksgiving) and open until 8:00PM for UNIQLO Free Fridays, which tend to be busy.
With 6 floors of exhibits, it's worth looking at a museum map online before you visit. There are also tours and free talks daily between 11:30AM and 1:30PM.
The painting and sculpture galleries are on the 4th and 5th floors and can be a great point to start exploring if you can't make up your mind where to begin.
Included in the price of admission, these interesting audio tours can give you far greater insight into the exhibits. Just remember, you need to leave ID to take a tour!
MoMA also houses multiple bars and restaurants. Why not take a break from the galleries and enjoy some of the wonderful cuisine on offer?
MoMA displays iconic works by artists like Henri Matisse, and is such an important architectural structure itself, so it's very popular for tourists and you may have to queue to enter the galleries. But don't worry; even on UNIQLO Free Fridays (from 4:00PM to 8:00PM) the line tends to move quickly. If you're worried, you can purchase a skip the line ticket in advance.
The price of checking your coat and bags is included in the admission price, and is definitely recommended before you set off around the museum. But be aware that even in warm weather, sometimes the galleries can be a little cold, so bring a sweater!
Gift shops may not be high on your list of priorities (or budget) but the MoMA shop really is exceptional and worth taking a look at on your way out of the museum.
- When to visitMoMA is open daily from 10:30AM to 5:30PM, and on UNIQLO Fridays, until 8:00PM.
- What is the price?Adult MoMA entrance tickets are $25.
- Will I need a guide?The entrance price includes an excellent audio tour, which covers most of the special exhibitions.
- How to get thereTake the E or M train to 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue, or the B, D, or F train to 47-50 Street Rockefeller Center.
- Additional tipsNot all exhibits are open year round, so plan your visit ahead of time! | The ticket line is longest first thing in the morning, so consider arriving after 11:30AM to avoid the crowds. | Still photography for personal use is permitted, but flash, tripods and extension poles are not allowed.