Glide through history on a 4-hour Segway tour of Munich and learn about the city’s development from a small medieval town to one of the world’s most advanced cities. See the Deutsches Museum, Englischer Garten, Prinzregentenstraße, and much more.
What to Expect
Make friends with Munich on a fun 4-hour Segway tour of the city’s main attractions. Following a comprehensive introduction to this highly intuitive self-balancing mode of transport, you will explore the historic city center. Groups are kept small so that all your questions will be answered, and you will benefit from the handy insider tips your guide will give you for the rest of your vacation.
Starting in the Old City pedestrian zone, you will make frequent stops to admire the city sights and try some typical Munich snacks. Learn about the Munich’s development from a modest medieval town to today’s exciting city of science and technology, evidenced by the colossal Deutsches Museum.
Admire the classical architecture of Königsplatz, modeled on the Acropolis in Athens. Glide past the palatial Maximilianeum, home to the Bavarian state parliament since 1949. Learn about Munich’s role during World War 2, and pass the freestanding cube of the starkly modern Jewish Museum. End with a greater appreciation of this city of rich culture and bustling progress, and a better understanding of the city’s motto, "München mag Dich" (Munich likes you).
- Segway orientation
- English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet at the City Segway Shop Munich, Karlsplatz 4. From the Karlsplatz (Stachus) Fountain, with your back to the city gate and the pedestrian shopping street, turn right along Sonnenstrasse. After 50 meters, you will see the shop on the right-hand side in the courtyard of Karlsplatz 4.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The tour takes place rain or shine, except for extremely inclement weather. Please dress accordingly.
• All participants must hold at least a moped driver's license.
• Participants must be at least 15 years old to take part. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or have an adult complete the insurance paperwork.
• Participants must weigh between 100 pounds (45 kilos) and 250 pounds (115 kilos).
• All participants are required to leave a 200 euro deposit at the start of the tour. This is best done as a hold on a Visa of MasterCard. You will be refunded the 200 euros at the end of the tour if the Segway hasn't been damaged.