Half-Day Bollywood Tour with Dance Show
From £90 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from Mumbai hotels. Your guide will pick you up at 10:00 or 14:00 sharp (please select your choice of morning or afternoon tour). Cruise passengers should make their way to the given meeting point at the green gate, about a 5-8 minute walk away at the port boundary wall. Please note that you will have to declare your jewelry and goods at the custom gate.
- Peek inside the world of Indian cinema
- Experience the sheer cutzpah of Bollywood at a specially-created studio
- Discover how special effects are created in Bollywood
- Tour exclusive areas of Mumbai to see the home of Bollywood stars
- Get the chance to pose on film sets and with the stars of today
- Enjoy lunch at a local Mumbai restaurant
Perfect for those with an interest in the art of movies, film studios and sets, you will also get a chance to see VFX visual effects and a Bollywood-style dance show. From the technicolor song and dance extravaganzas of the 1970s and 1980s, to the blockbusters of today, Bollywood is a tradition as essential to India - and more specifically, Mumbai - as Hollywood is to America and LA.
You will be escorted through a specially-created studio for an intimate look behind the scenes at technicians at work. You may even get the chance to peek inside a film star’s makeup room, and pose for souvenir snapshots with some Bollywood stars of today.
Next, you will step out to a dance show based on infamous routines from Bollywood films. Traditions from formal and folk Indian fuse with Middle Eastern techniques to produce entrancing Bollywood dances with a unique and energetic style. The talented dancers will perform 5 Bollywood routines for the audience, and then you will have the opportunity to try it yourself!
After lunch at a local restaurant, you will visit an VFX studio and observe how visual effects are created in Bollywood movies. Then, relax on a tour past the homes of famous Bollywood stars in exclusive areas of Mumbai, before taking your transport back to your desired drop off point.
- Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees for studio/s
- Dance show ticket
- VFX studio visit
- Lunch (for 2 people or more)
- Bottled water
- If there are fewer than 2 participants, lunch is not included
Pick-up from hotels, private homes and Mumbai Airport or Cruise Terminal. If you are arriving at the airport, your guide will collect you at the given time, and will be holding a name card outside the arrival area in the arrivals lounge.
• This itinerary is tentative, as per studio permissions
• Photos are strictly prohibited unless permission is granted. Professional cameras are not allowed on sets, unless permission is granted
• Please keep your mobile on silent mode during the shoots and keep silent
• Please note that the Bollywood sites are not centralized in one place and are scattered throughout Mumbai. Most of the studios are distant from downtown Mumbai, and as such may take some time to reach. Kindly be patient with this unavoidable delay
• Lunch is available for bookings of 2 or more participants
• Cruise passengers should make their way to the given meeting point, about 5-8 minutes walk from their ship
Product ID: 36062