Hop on to the ferry to Elephanta Island to explore over 1,500 years of history. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site with an experienced guide. Learn about Hindu and Buddhist practices as you gaze upon stunning statues of deities.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup available from airport, train station, or hotel located within Mumbai city limits. Please wait at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Kindly provide detailed address of the pickup location and a local contact number at the time of booking. Please check your email inbox and spam/junk folder for any communication from the local tour operator one day prior to the activity.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
- Marvel at the intricate carvings of the Elephanta Caves
- Learn about Hindu gods and culture from an expert local guide
- Enjoy the personal attention of a private guide
- Tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance tickets
- Ferry tickets
- Train tickets
- Meals and drinks
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The caves are closed to visitors every Monday.
- In case of high tides and high rainfall, the ferry may not operate and the activity may be cancelled. When possible, the tour operator will communicate this in advance or the activity may be rescheduled.
- Appropriate clothing is required for entry, including no sleeveless shirts.
- Videography is not permitted on the island.
- Wheelchair hire is available on-site, with an extra charge to be paid directly at the counter.