Visit the enchanting Val D’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the beautiful towns of Montalcino, Pienza, San Quirico and Montepulciano and enjoy two different wine tastings and savour the famous Pecorino cheese!
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany by visiting the enchanting Val D’Orcia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the beautiful towns of Montalcino, Pienza, San Quirico and Montepulciano and enjoy two different wine tastings and savour the famous Pecorino cheese!
The tour starts with a wine tasting session in Montalcino, the land of the world-renowned Brunello wine. Here you will be enchanted by the outstanding charm of a special and definitely worth visiting wine cellar/museum. The estate has a rich history: it once belonged to the powerful Piccolomini family, whose members included Pope Pius II.
Next you move up to the peak of the town, where a magnificent sight will take your breath away: sunny rolling hills, ancient oaks, picturesque olive groves, scenic country roads winding through perfect vineyards and isolated cypress trees atop hills.
The following stop is San Quirico D’Orcia, one of the most beautiful and charming medieval towns of the Orcia Valley. Take advantage of your free time to wind your way through the historical center, rich artistic and cultural history dating back over a thousand years.
The tour continues to Pienza, which stands high upon a hill and dominates all the Orcia valley with extraordinary views. Enjoy the cheese tasting session with the famous Pecorino cheese (included in the tour!) and explore the pretty alleyways of this small town at your leisure.
The last stop takes you to Montepulciano, home to the famous Vino Nobile vineyards and more recently famous for the filming of the vampire movie "New Moon". Enjoy your second wine tasting session while visiting the dungeon where the wine is stored under the ancient walls of the winery, before heading back to Florence.
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Free visit of Montalcino, San Quirico d’Orcia, Pienza, Montepulciano
- Visit to a wine cellar/museum in Montalcino with tour of the wine cellars and tasting of the world-famous Brunello
- Visit to a winery in Montepulciano with tasting of the “Vino Nobile”
- Cheese tasting in Pienza
- Possibility of buying wine and cheese at a very competitive price
Piazza Adua, at the corner with Burger King, next to Santa Maria Novella Train Station
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the given order of the visits may change
• We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or impaired mobility
• English and Spanish are always guaranteed - in order to confirm the excursion in any other language, a minimum of 4 participants is required