Enjoy a full day of culture, wine, and delicious food as you visit some of the most impressive destinations in Tuscany. Explore Pienza and taste the world-famous wines produced in Montalcino and Montepulciano wineries.
What to Expect
Do you fancy an unforgettable experience in the most impressive places in Tuscany? Visit wonderful cities, taste the best wines, cheeses and typical products in one single day.
The tour begins with a visit of a cellar in Montalcino where you will taste a sampling of wines produced with a delicious snack consisting of local products. In the afternoon, your guide will show you around Montalcino, where you will visit the typical village and its fortress. Then you will visit Pienza and Montepulciano, two artistic jewels, representing the landscape of Val d’Orcia. Pienza is a perfect combination of architectural beauty and harmony. Most of the numerous lanes bearing impressive names overlook the breathtaking landscape of Val d’Orcia. Unique tastes, smells and flavours support this natural and artistic heritage. Pienza’s most renowned tradition is in fact the typical Pecorino cheese. The tour ends with the visit to Montepulciano where the stateliness of its Renaissance buildings and the refined beauty of its churches intertwined with the ancient tradition of its wine, Nobile di Montepulciano, symbol of the city as well as delight of your palate. You will taste it in a local winery.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air-conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting
- Nobile di Montepulciano wine tasting
What's Not Included
- Pick-up and drop off service available on request; price depending on client’s accommodation
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Please note that tours in French, Portuguese and Russian are guaranteed with minimum 4 participants
• Starting November 1st 2016, tours in Chinese and Japanese will be guaranteed with minimum of 4 participants
• Tours in German will be available starting November 1st 2016, with a minimum of 4 participants