Montalcino, Pienza & Montepulciano Gastronomic Tour
From £48 per personBook now
- Take a self-guided visit of Montalcino, Montepulciano and Pienza
- Have a day amid art, culture, wine and delicious food
- Enjoy a Brunello di Montalcino and Nobile di Montepulciano wine tasting
The tour begins with a visit of a cellar in Montalcino where you will taste a sampling of wines produced with a delicious snack consisting of local products. In the afternoon, you tour leaders will show you around Montalcino, where you will visit the typical village and its fortress. Then you will visit Pienza and Montepulciano, two artistic jewels, representing the landscape of Val d’Orcia. Pienza is a perfect combination of architectural beauty and harmony. Most of the numerous lanes bearing impressive names overlook the breathtaking landscape of Val d’Orcia. Unique tastes, smells and flavors support this natural and artistic heritage. Pienza’s most renowned tradition is in fact the typical Pecorino cheese.
The tour ends with the visit to Montepulciano where the stateliness of its Renaissance buildings and the refined beauty of its churches intertwined with the ancient tradition of its wine, Nobile di Montepulciano, symbol of the city as well as delight of your palate. You will taste it in a local winery.
- Shuttle service from/to Montecatini
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air-conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Brunello di Montalcino wine tasting
- Nobile di Montepulciano wine tasting
7:30 am - 7.45 am shuttle from Montecatini, Piazza Italia (check point bus) near the train station) to Florence train Station. Once in Florence, meet your tour leader inside Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy with the green cross at scheduled time.
Tours in French, Portuguese, German, Russian, Chinese and Japanese are guaranteed with minimum 4 participants.
Product ID: 60109