Full-Day Truffle and Wine Tour in Central Tuscany
From £406 Per group up to 2Book now
- Hunt for truffles with a truffle hunter and his dog
- Learn about San Miniato, a historical town based in central Tuscany
- Meet the most orginal winemakers in the Chianti district of Central Tuscany and sample some great wine
Meet your guide Massimo, a born and bred in Tuscan. Visit places which are breathtaking, but not famous nor "touristy", so you can see the area as it is, not as it is designed for visitors. What's more, meet local people who create great food and wine and get the chance to speak to them directly getting an authentic insight into the Italian way of life. Sample incredible specialties and understand why they are so delicious.
The program of your most unforgettable day in Tuscany will look like this:
In the morning at 9.30 you will meet at an easy meeting point near San Miniato, in central Tuscany, right between Pisa and Florence. Reach the truffle hunting location and meet the truffle hunters and their lively and lovely dogs.
Take a walk in the woods, in a stunning rural area, and try to find the truffles of the season. If you visit in early Spring it will be marzolino white truffle, in late Spring and Summer search for black truffles and from October to December have the honor of finding and sampling the King White Truffle of San Miniato.
Back from your "truffle hunting," sit in the truffle hunter's dining room and have a great lunch with mixed appetizers, including truffle cheese, truffle olive oil, pates, and sauces with white or black truffles, truffle honey, and even truffle balsamico. All of this is followed by a fantastic primo: tagliolini with fresh truffles shaven on top. Top it off with chocolate bon bons with truffles.
Your guided tour continues in the early afternoon with a short walk in the town of San Miniato, the capital town of the White Truffle, where a National Festival takes place every Autumn. Here you will visit a former fortress and reach a panoramic hilltop with breathtaking views over the rural Tuscany. Here refresh with a quick stop for a cappuccino or coffee at a panoramic bar.
From San Miniato drive about 10 minutes and reach a very original winery. Learn winemaking techniques directly from the owner of the small family-run company, famous for the production of great typical Tuscan wines, like a unique Chianti, but also for some very original and "unexpected" kinds of grapes and wines. A pearl here is the production of Vinsanto, a very old and traditional oxidated dessert wine. The visit to the working rooms and the vineyards is followed by a complete sampling of all the wines produced here.
The tour ends at 5 or 5.30. By the end of the day you will have discovered a fantastic territory, the great people who inhabit it, and the fantastic produce of the region.
- Private English-speaking local guide (also German, Russian or Spanish available)
- Truffle hunting walk
- Truffle-based lunch
- Guided visit to San Miniato
- Visit to a family-run winery and sampling of wines
- Tax and any permit included
- Parking fee in San Miniato (if necessary)
Meet in the parking lot of PAM supermarket. From the expressway FI-PI-LI take the exit San Miniato and follow the sign to the right to San Miniato. At the first roundabout take the last exit and enter via Enrico Pestalozzi. The parking is on the lefthand.
• Comfortable shoes and regular trousers are strongly advised. Shorts or sandals are not recommended for walking in the woods
• From booking to 50 days before the tour, the cancellation fee is 30% of paid amount
• From 49 days to 30 days before the tour, the cancellation fee is 50% of paid amount
• From 29 days to 15 days before the tour, the cancellation fee is 70% of paid amount
• From 14 days to 0 days before the tour, the cancellation fee is 100% of paid amount
Product ID: 39654