Go further, get closer, and discover more on this up-to-3-hour tour of Milford Sound. See it all on your cruise, including the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory. Enjoy either a picnic lunch or a hot buffet lunch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide/headphones
- German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Russian
- Luxuriate in the beauty of Milford Sound on one of the longest daytime experiences available in the fiord
- Immerse yourself in a mysterious undersea world at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- Listen to lively and informative commentary on the fiord’s history, geology, and wildlife from a specialist nature guide
- Savor a delicious picnic or hot buffet lunch onboard or feel free to bring your own
- Taste pure glacial water straight from the waterfalls and stand under Stirling Falls
- Milford Sound cruise
- Milford Sound Underwater Observatory
- Picnic or hot buffet lunch (if option selected)
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Access to top deck for viewing and panoramic photo opportunities
- Large viewing windows and covered seating area
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must bring their own headphones
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Freshwater Basin, Milford Sound, New Zealand. Be sure to allow 5 hours driving time from Queenstown and just over 2 hours from Te Anau or opt for a coach and cruise option departing from Queenstown or Te Anau (available to book on GetYourGuide).Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall
- All vessels are fully licensed with a range of beverages plus a selection of snack foods. Note that smoking is not permitted on any of the vessels.
- Timetables, cruise departures and vessels may vary. In the interest of your safety, the local operator may cancel any cruise at any time due to unsafe weather conditions or boat maintenance.
- Car parking in Milford Sound costs $10 per hour. There are a limited number of free parking spaces just outside of Milford Sound in Deepwater Basin, which include a complimentary shuttle service to the terminal. If you choose to self-drive, it is recommended to arrive into Milford Sound at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled cruise departure time to allow sufficient time to get to the terminal. For further information about car parking, please visit milfordsoundtourism.nz.
- The underwater observatory is closed for routine maintenance between the 20th July 2020 and November 2020