Turin Express from Milan by High-Speed TrainProduct ID: 73099
From £91.71 per personBook now
- Enjoy a 2 hour stroll with an expert local guide through the refined streets and elegant piazzas of the historic center of Turin
- Take advantage of free time to explore the city on your own, sit in one of its many Art Nouveau cafés or visit one of its famous museums
- Join your guide for a special tasting of Turin’s renowned gelato and sumptuous chocolate at one of its premier spots for sweets
- See all the best Turin has to offer and have plenty of time to make the most of your evening in Milan once you get back
See famed piazzas like Piazza San Carlo with its twin 17th century churches, enjoy free time for lunch, and a visit to the city’s Egyptian Museum (the second largest in the world after Cairo’s), the immense Palazzo Carignano, or bask in the dazzling atmosphere of the many 19th century cafés. After lunch meet up with your guide again to cover regal Turin in Piazza Castello, home to the city’s original castle, Palazzo Madama and the Royal Palace, whose immense façade rivals Europe’s other grand royal residences.
Not far away you’ll see Turin’s ‘Duomo’, home to the celebrated Holy Shroud that legend says the body of Jesus was buried in, miraculously bearing his likeness. The original is stored safely away, but a faithful replica is on display that is well worth the visit. Then you’re off to another symbol of the city, the iconic triangular dome and spire of the Mole Antonelliana. Originally designed as a synagogue, this singular work of architecture is now home to the Museum of Cinema (also the tallest museum in the world).
Now that you’ve seen Turin from the street and taken in its incredible history, like all Italian city’s it’s time to taste it! What could be better than some delectable chocolate ‘gianduiotti’ or pralines and a gelato at one of its most renowned venues? After the tour, wind up the day with the same quick high-speed train journey back to Milan There’s literally no excuse not seeing for yourself why Turin is getting so much attention these days as one of Italy’s top destinations.
- Train tickets
- Chocolate and gelato tasting
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food/beverage (when not mentioned in the inclusions)
Facing Milan Central Station, the meeting point is inside the covered portico, which serves as the main entrance to the railway station and the M2 and M3 Subway Lines, under the big round clock at the far right end, leading to Piazza Luigi di Savoia. Please note that there are two clocks in the station portico, looking at the entrance, one on the right and one on the left: your representative will wait for you under the one on the right side. Arriving by metro (all lines): Get off at the "Centrale" metro stop and take one of the exits leading you outside. Then follow the instructions as above. (Open in Google Maps)
• Regrettably, it is not possible to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers and baby carriages are also not allowed
• Photography is permitted throughout the tour
• Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight Please bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
Product ID: 73099