Milan: 5-Hour Cookery Class and Market Tour
From £98 per personBook now
- Explore a local market with a chef and learn about the seasonal ingredients
- Cook a 4-course Italian meal in a private home
- Discover how to make fresh pasta, gnocchi, pizza, or risotto
- Get tips on the secret techniques of Italian home cooking
- Savor the fruits of your labor over lunch
- Sip the wine pairings selected by your sommelier
Start with a stroll to the local market, where your chef will help you select the best seasonal produce. Then, walk back to the private home for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat about the daily menu.
Roll up your sleeves and prepare the dough for your homemade pasta or gnocchi. Your 2nd course will be a typical meat dish, such as spezzatino or saltimbocca alla romana. This is followed by a dessert of strawberries and home-made ice cream, apples in shortcrust pastry, fruit tart with fresh fruit, or creme caramel.
Vegetarian, gluten free and low-calorie menus are available on request, and all ingredients are 100% organic, freshly supplied, and Italian. As the aim is to teach you how to prepare a meal that you can repeat at home, the ingredients used will be commonly available.
Once everything is ready, sit around the table of a typical dining room and eat what you have prepared, served with an Italian wine chosen by your sommelier. They will explain why it makes a good pairing, before you finish in typical Italian style with an espresso.
- Food tastings
- Use of an apron
- Recipe booklet to keep
- Cooking diploma on completion of your class
- Apron to take home (available to purchase on request)
Piazza VI Febbraio, 22, Milano; the main entrance is next to the coffee shop "L'altro bar". From Duomo, take tram number 27 from via Mazzini to its terminus in piazza VI Febbraio. From the train stations (Stazione Centrale and Garibaldi) the nearest metro station stop is Domodossola on the new M5, then walk 500 meters to piazza VI Febbraio. If you come from Cadorna M1 M2 metro station, take tram nr. 19 (direction Roserio or Boezio) to piazza 6 Febbraio (6 stops - 15 minutes) If you come by car the nearest car parking is Garage Fiera in viale Cassiodoro 26
• For your safety, you are strongly advised to wear comfortable closed shoes (no flip flops or high heels). Please don't wear jewelry (particularly rings, watches and bracelets), and if possible no nail polish. Please wash your hands before the cooking class
• Please be aware you will be in a private home, so be respectful of people, animals and objects in the house
• As a form of respect to other participants, in case of late arrival please advise the school by telephone or email as soon as possible
• This activity operates in small groups of 2-6 people
Product ID: 49174