Milan 3-Hour City Walk with Duomo Rooftop and Ossuary
From £53 per personBook now
- See the best of Milan on a small group walking tour
- Visit an eerie chapel covered in human bones
- Enjoy panoramic views of Milan from the rooftop of the Duomo
- Discover ancient armory and period furniture in Sforza Castle
- Explore the arts and culture district of Brera
- Walk through the glass-domed shopping arcade of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
- Learn more about the history of Milan and its most important monuments
Meet your guide outside Sforza Castle, and travel back to the 15th century when Michelangelo was a regular resident and his work was funded by the Sforza family. Explore the tranquil grounds, before visiting the castle museum to see ancient armory, original art, musical instruments and Michelangelo’s own sculpture, the “Pietà Rondanini.” Stroll a section of the castle walls, and learn how Louis XIV captured the fortress to change the course of Milan’s history.
Back at ground level, walk through the city’s traditional Brera district. See the Scala opera house, and wander through the glass-domed Galleria Vittorio Emanuele shopping arcade. Admire ornate buildings and tiny galleries en route to the hidden bone chapel (San Bernardino alle Ossa). Marvel at walls covered in human bones, before going to the nearby Duomo.
Go straight to the rooftop terrace for up-close views of the spires and gargoyles. Enjoy panoramic views of Milan. Hear a detailed description of the building from your guide, and learn why it took 600 years to build. Your guide will leave you to explore at leisure. Feel free to continue on your own, gazing in awe at the cathedral’s glorious interior (free to enter).
- Tickets to Sforza Castle and Museum
- Tickets to Milan Duomo rooftop terrace
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet under the arch by the main entrance to Sforza Castle (Piazza del Castello) Directions: Piazza del Castello is the square in front of the main entrance of Sforza Castle (there is a big fountain in the middle of the square)
• This activity consists of small groups of 14 people or fewer
• Please note that you are visiting holy places during this tour, and your attire must be appropriate: both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Your tour operator cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Product ID: 53690