Milan Art Tour: Da Vinci and His Most Gifted Pupil
From £38 per personBook now
- Get fast-track entry to the beautiful Renaissance Church of S. Maria delle Grazie
- Marvel at Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece, the Last Supper
- Visit the Cloister of Frogs and see Bramante's spectacular Tribune
- Go the former convent of the Church of San Maurizio
- Learn about Da Vinci's celebrated pupil, Bernardino Luini
Walk on to the former Dominican refectory of the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Admire the Gothic interior of the impressive building, which dates back to 1460. Learn how it was once completely surrounded by woods and meadows that stretched over the town’s northeastern border.
Walk under the portico of the Cloister of Frogs, dominated by the mausoleum-chapel that Donato Bramante erected for the powerful Duke of Milan, Ludovico il Moro. Bramante created a simple but elegant clositer to connect the tribune to the sacristy.
Marvel at the central garden, crossed by perpendicular cobbled paths, and the magnolias planted in each of the 4 quadrants. Learn how it got the name “Chiostro delle Rane” (“Cloister of Frogs”) from the 4 bronze frogs that spout freshwater.
Continue to the former Benedictine convent of San Maurizio, and learn about Da Vinci’s star pupil, Bernardino Luini. See the cycle of frescoes that he painted in the early 16th century, which still enchant visitors to this day. Get a unique insight into Leonardo’s abiding heritage in Milan, years after the Sforza's downfall, and the artist’s demise.
- Pre-booked entrance to Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" (15-minute visit)
- Visit to the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (when open), and the Renaissance "Cloister of Frogs"
- Pre-arranged entrance to S. Maurizio's former convent and choir
- Transportation to/from the meeting point
Meet your guide in Piazzale Luigi Cadorna (North Rail Station and Subway Station Line 1 and 2). They will be waiting next to the giant sculpture of a needle and thread, and holding a sign with the "Art Discoveries Milano" logo
• Please print your voucher, or show it on your mobile device to the guide upon arrival at the meeting point
• You can only collect your tickets from your guide, and not directly at the Last Supper Museum counter
• Please note that all visitors must hold a valid ticket, which must be pre-booked and prepaid (children included). Ticket regulation applies to infants as well, unless carried
• Wear comfortable shoes, and always have something handy to cover bare shoulders and legs for church visits (Santa Maria delle Grazie). Please note that during religious services access may not be permitted
• Please note that Last Supper tickets are valid only for the allocated time and date.
Product ID: 47404