Half-Day Italian Cooking Class in Milano
From £78 per personBook now
- Learn to cook a 4 course Italian meal in a private home
- Make and cook fresh pasta, gnocchi, pizza, or risotto
- Discover the secret techniques of Italian home cooking
- Learn more about Italian ingredients
- Savor the fruits of your labor and enjoy your meal together
- Taste the food-wine pairings made by a professional sommelier
The class is led by an experienced teacher and sommelier in English. Work in small groups of between 2 to 6 people for a more intimate adventure. Start with morning tea or coffee and a chat about the daily menu, depending on the season.
You will then start by preparing your antipasti (bruschetta, focaccia, or puff pastry), before making homemade pasta, risotto, gnocchi, or minestrone for the first course. Your second course will be a meat or fish dish, or a vegetable dish for vegetarians. This is followed by a dessert of tiramisu, panna cotta, fruit or chocolate cake, or strawberries with homemade ice cream.
Vegetarian, gluten free, and low-calorie menus are available on request. All ingredients are 100 percent Italian and freshly supplied from the local market, but typically available wherever you live. The aim is to teach you how to prepare a meal that you can repeat at home.
Once everything is ready, sit around the table of a typical Italian dining room and eat what you have prepared, served with an Italian wine chosen by the sommelier, who will explain why it makes a good pairing. Finish in typical Italian style with an espresso, before collecting your souvenir cooking diploma.
- Food tasting
- Apron loan
- Recipe booklet to keep
- Cooking diploma
- Apron (sold separately if you would like to purchase one)
Piazza VI Febbraio, 22, Milano; the main entrance is next to the coffee shop "L'altro bar". If you are coming from Duomo you can take tram number 27 from via Mazzini to its terminus in piazza VI Febbraio. If you are coming from from the train stations (Stazione Centrale and Garibaldi) the nearest metro station stop is Domodossola on the new M5, then walk 500 meters to piazza VI Febbraio. If you are coming from other places in Milano city you can reach Cadorna metro station, then walk 300 meters to piazza Virgilio/via Monti and take tram number 27 to its terminus in piazza VI Febbraio. At the entrance, press "Cook in Milano" on the intercom, and once inside go to the left (stair A) and take the elevator to the sixth floor. Please close the elevator doors manually (they are not automatic).
• For your safety, you are strongly advised to wear comfortable closed shoes (no flip flops or high heels). Please don't wear jewelry (particularly rings, watches and bracelets) and if possible no nail polish. Please wash your hands before cooking class
• Please be aware you will be in a private home, so be respectful of people, animals and objects in the house
• As a form of respect to other participants, in case of late arrival please advise the school by telephone or email as soon as possible
• This activity operates in small groups of 2-6 people
Product ID: 38297