From Milan: Full-Day Turin & Best of Milan by Night
From £137 per personBook now
- Combine the best of Turin and Milan, covering both cities in a single day
- Experience the magical atmosphere of Turin, one of northern Italy’s most fascinating cities
- Have time to freshen up in Milan before seeing its top sights on a relaxing evening stroll through its streets and piazzas
- Delight in the dazzling aperitivo tradition, an evening drink with appetizers while you enjoy breathtaking views of Milan Cathedral
Once you arrive, this 2-hour guided stroll led by an expert local guide will unveil Turin’s charming and mysterious atmosphere. See favorites like Piazza San Carlo with its twin 17th century churches, bask in the dazzling atmosphere of 19th century cafés and cover regal Turin in Piazza Castello, home to the city’s original castle, Palazzo Madama, and the Royal Palace. Your guide will explain the city’s amazing history and popular legends, as well as give you tips on how to enjoy your free time for lunch and visit to the Egyptian Museum of Turin (the second largest in the world after Cairo). Then join your guide for a special chocolate and gelato tasting at a premier venue, and let your mouth water over succulent gianduiotti or pralines followed by some of the best gelato Italy has to offer.
After an enlightening visit to Turin’s top sights and most tantalizing flavors, your guide will put you back on the high-speed train for the 1-hour return trip to Milan. You’ll have plenty of time to rest and freshen-up during a 2.5-hour break between the tours. Then meet up with another expert local guide in Milan’s Piazza del Duomo for a relaxing sunset stroll covering its top monuments. In just 2.5-hours, you’ll get to know Milan in a nutshell, thanks to the captivating stories your guide will provide on the history and legends that make it so exceptional, all in the intimacy of a small group of no more than 15 persons. You’ll even get to sip on a Spritz or a glass of Prosecco as the sun goes down and the city lights up for another evening of style as one of its most famous pastimes has been organized for you – the aperitivo. Enjoy this local evening tradition with appetizers as you soak up the atmosphere on an elegant rooftop terrace, rubbing shoulders with the Milanese themselves, and taking in the breathtaking views of Milan Cathedral, known locally as the Duomo, and the city’s historic center. In addition to marveling at the spires of this Gothic masterpiece, your city walk will cover the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a dazzling 19th century glass vaulted shopping arcade, Piazza della Scala, where the renowned Scala Theatre stands, and the fashionable Brera District, until winding picturesque streets lead you to your last stop, Sforza Castle, where your guide will tell you bewitching tales of this imposing medieval fortress bathed in its evocative evening lights. No other combo tour offers such an intimate and comprehensive look into the amazing cities of Milan and Turin, where you’ll see the sights as well as get to know their traditions, flavors, and pastimes. Embark on this carefully planned tour that offers the best of these two cities in a single day.
- Round trip train tickets from Milan to Turin
- Chocolate and gelato tasting in Turin
- Aperitivo in Milan on a rooftop with skyline views
- Group of 25 persons or less in Turin
- Small groups of 15 persons or less in Milan
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Additional food/ beverages
Turin Express at 8:35am: facing Milan Central Station, the meeting point is inside the covered portico, which serves as the main entrance to the railway station and the M2 and M3 Subway Lines, under the big round clock at the far right end, leading to Piazza Luigi di Savoia. Please note that there are two clocks in the station portico, looking at the entrance, one on the right and one on the left: your guide will wait for you under the one on the right side. Milan by Night at 7:30pm: The meeting point is under the arches of the Mondadori shop (written inMONDADORI on the sign), which is on the right hand side of Piazza del Duomo when facing the front entrance (façade) of the Cathedral.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking so comfortable shoes are recommended
• Some sites lack shade and you may be under direct sunlight. Bringing a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather is recommended
• It is strongly suggested that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on this tour
• Please note that children between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat on the train
• Please note that the dress code for the aperitivo portion of the afternoon tour is smart casual. The restaurant does not permit athletic or sports uniforms, torn clothing, slippers, beach sandals or flip-flops. Gentlemen must avoid shorts and open shoes.
Product ID: 72736