Xochimilco & Coyoacan Full-Day Tour with Frida Kahlo MuseumProduct ID: 28922
Pick-up servicePick-up from Mexico City hotels. Please provide your hotel details
- Float down the tranquil canals of Xochimilco on a punt
- Explore the vast university campus of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Go to the colonial district of Coyoacan and walk down leafy cobblestone streets
- Discover where the Conquistador, Hernando Cortes was born
- Enter the magical world of Frida Kahlo, one of the most passionate artists of Mexico
- See stunning murals by Juan O´Gorman
- Immerse yourself in the bohemian atmosphere of Coyoacan
- Enjoy a local lunch while admiring the street art of Coyoacan
Departing from Downtown Mexico City, head south, passing the most important sites of the modern city. Explore the university campus, where the library is famously decorated throughout with Mexican artist Juan O´Gorman’s stunning mosaic murals. The campus also includes the volcano-shaped, 63,000-seat Olympic Stadium. Continue throug the residential area of Pedregal de San Angel, built on lava fields.
Upon arrival at the calm waters of the Xochimilco canals, enjoy a scenic cruise along the waterway - one of the last traces of the Aztec era - on a traditional punt or pre-Hispanic boat.
Next, visit the colonial district of Coyoacan and admire the rambling 16th-century houses of Francisco Sosa Street. Continue along narrow cobblestone streets to the Zocalo (Main Square), where you will find the impressive mansion of the Conquistador, Hernando Cortes, and the Church of Saint John the Baptist (San Juan Bautista).
End your tour exploring the magical world of Frida Kahlo at the Frida Kahlo Museum. Housed in the striking cobalt blue house where she was born and returned for the last years of her life, the Casa Azul, as it is fondly known, contains a large assortment of pre-Hispanic artifacts, Mexican folk art, and indigenous jewelry from her personal collection.
- Entrance to Frida Kahlo Museum
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
May be any of the following: Open deck for the Palace of Fine Arts, on Avenida Juarez, at 09:00 Hotel NH Reforma 155 Liverpool Street, Juarez, Cuauhtemoc 06600, CDMX, at 08:20 Open Area for Auditorio Nacional, at 08:00. Open area of the Palace of Fine Arts, on Avenida Hidalgo, at 09:00 (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 28922