Explore the Teotihuacan Pyramids from a view point like no other. This tour will take you on a one-in-a-lifetime journey as you rise in style, comfort and excitiment over the pyramids of the Sun and the Moon.
What to Expect
Your incredible journey will begin with the breaking of dawn at 07:00, when you can take part in the inflating of the balloon or watch from the sidelines as it takes shape. Climb aboard the beautiful vessel, mankind's oldest successful flight technology, and be lifted to the unique vantage point over one of Mexico's most famous landmarks.
The approximate flight time is 1 hour, in which time you will have panoramic views of the surrounding landscape and be captivated by the complete calm that envelops the balloon, a truely magical experience. The exact route is dictated by the wind but you will be followed below at all times by a vehicle, which will meet you at the landing point.
Once reunited with solid ground, the tour will continue on foot and you will get the opportunity to explore the pyramids up close and personal. The city is thought to have been established around 100 BC and contains some of the largest pyramidal structures built in the pre-Colombia Americas. Walk along the Avenue of the Dead and visit the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl. Colorful murals decorate the walls and ancient remnants of fine pottery can be found, leaving clues to the previous inhabitants, about which very little is known.
- Roundtrip transfers from Mexico City hotels located within the tourist areas
- Your choice of an American or Mexican style breakfast
What's Not Included
- Optional Gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Please contact a Mexitours representative to confirm your hotel pick-up time at least 24 hours in advance using the phone number listed on your voucher or send an e-mail including your hotel name and any special requests.
• All flights begin at dawn, from 07:00
• Bring your camera and warm comfortable clothes for the journey
• It is necessary to book this tour with a minimum of one week's notice
• Please be aware that weather conditions may cause your flight to be cancelled or re-scheduled
• In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be
provided to the customer for the full price of the tour constituting full settlement to the passenger.