Discover the mysteries of Mayan civilization on a full-day tour to Chichen Itza. Enter the archaeological site through a private entrance with the help of an expert guide. Enjoy a buffet lunch and make use of the pools before a transfer to Cancun.
What to Expect
Following pick-up from the lobby of your hotel in Merida, climb aboard a 16-seat Mercedes Benz van and transfer to the Mayaland Hotel. Head directly to the archaeological site of Chichen Itza and enter through a private entrance. Here, a certified guide will take you on a 2-hour exploration into the secrets of the ancient Mayan civilization.
Learn the historical significance of the most important constructions, such as the Observatory, Nunnery, La Iglesia and Akab Dzib. Continue to the main plaza, where the famous pyramid Temple of Kukulcan is located (also known as "El Castillo"). See the Ball Game Court and Temple of the Jaguars. Go to the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, Platform of Venus and Tzompantli. Admire the Temple of the Warriors and adjacent Temple of the 1,000 Columns. There will be time to explore the site on your own to admire the monuments and take photos at your own pace.
Then regroup to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland Regional Ballet. After lunch, you have the option to return to the ruins or take a dip in the pool. Relax on a lounge chair or stroll through the hotel’s tropical gardens. Optional activities, such as bike rides or horseback rides, are also available at the hotel for a nominal fee.
Depart Chichen Itza and transfer to Cancun and the Riviera Maya for a drop off at major hotels.
- Transportation from hotels in Merida and drop off at major hotels in Cancun or the Riviera Maya
- Bilingual, certified INAH guide
- Free access to the facilities at Mayaland Hotel & Bungalows
- Buffet lunch
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Gratuities and optional activities
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour itinerary is subject to change without notice
• You may visit the sacred Xtoloc Cenote for free. The cenote is located on the grounds of the resort. Swimming is not permitted. It is an important element of the history of this holy Mayan city
• Bring light clothing, comfortable walking or hiking shoes, sunglasses, hat, biodegradable sun block, swim suit, cash for personal expenses and water