Get behind the scenes access to the venues that host Melbourne's international sporting events. Stand in the coach's box , the media center, and exclusive member areas at the cricket ground and Rod Laver arena, and dine at the Etihad stadium/Docklands.
What to Expect
The Ultimate Melbourne Sports Tour is a sightseeing tour with a difference. Immerse yourself in Melbourne–the sports capital of Australia. Explore the vast Melbourne cricket ground, Rod Laver arena, and the national sports museum, led by a professional tour guide, and learn about the history of Melbourne through its sporting achievements.
Tour behind the scenes at the Melbourne cricket ground. This is Australia's most significant sports stadium dating back to 1853, having been used for the 1956 Olympics and Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games. Visit the Northern Stand, the coaches’ box, media center, changing rooms, and exclusive member’s area.
Take a trip to the National Sports Museum, featuring over 2,500 sporting artifacts showcasing the great moments in Australia’s sporting history. The tour includes a tour of the famous Rod Laver arena, one of the world’s busiest sports and entertainment precincts.
Drive through the Commonwealth Games athlete’s village and around Albert Park, on the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix Circuit. Explore Flemington Race Course, home of the Melbourne Cup. This is the horse race that stops the nation.
Drive to the famous Etihad Stadium and enjoy lunch overlooking the arena, or in the Docklands precinct. This is must-see for any sports lovers visiting Melbourne.
- Melbourne cricket ground tour
- Rod Laver arena tour
- National sports museum entry
- Lunch at Etihad Stadium/Docklands precinct
- Sports focused city sightseeing
Tours depart from the Melbourne Day Tour Center at Federation Square on Russell Street extension
Know Before You Go
• Although every effort is made to adhere to the itinerary specified, some venues may not be available on your requested day due to events. Every effort will be made to inform the agent/client of tour cancellations/alterations prior to tour date.
• Rod Laver arena is not available mid December to mid February due to the Australian open tennis. Will be replaced with another attraction such as Eureka SkyDeck.
• No tours operate between December 24th to January 3rd.