This 2-hour heritage walking tour is a ‘must do’ activity in the city for history buffs. Enjoy this wonderful way to orientate yourself around the important historical points of Melbourne.
What to Expect
This 2-hour tour is a fantastic celebration of the iconic Golden Mile Guided Walk of Melbourne. It is a ‘must do’ activity in the city for history buffs and is also a wonderful way for visitors to orientate themselves around the important historical points of the city. With a registered professional tour guide, learn about Melbourne’s history and heritage first hand.
Walk through ‘The Paris of the South’ and ‘Marvellous Melbourne’. This “place by the river” bursted into existence and incredible wealth in the early 1800’s.
The guided tour provides participants with an opportunity to share in their guide's great knowledge and particular secrets as the trail marches along Collins Street and takes you for a sneak peek inside the elegant Gothic interiors of the ANZ bank, the plush European-style hotels and into the austere but commanding inner recesses of Melbourne Town Hall, or the Athenaeum.
Federation Square. Meet inside the visitors Center on the corner of Flinders Street and Swanston. Street
Know Before You Go
• The walk has two options: the Western section of the city is available on weekdays and the East section on weekends and public holidays. The Eastern tour includes the Theater and Chinatown areas, that are more accessible on the weekends
• The cancellation policy is the following:
- More than 7 days in advance: 10% of original fee
- 2-7 days in advance: 50% of tour cost
- 48 hours in advance or less: refunds will not be available