Through gold rushes and rebellions, Olympics and royal visits, Melburnians have turned to ales, whiskeys, wines, and cocktails for comfort. Experience Melbourne’s unique bar scene with a local guide and visit its unique watering holes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Learn about Melbourne’s history with a drink in-hand
- Try local beers, wines, and cocktails at four unique Melbourne establishments
- Discover hidden bars known only to local Melburnians
- A classic Aussie pub. Throw back a pot or a pint, as here’s where you’ll learn about the standard pour sizes of Victorian beers.
- A cocktail bar. Melbourne has some of the best mixologists around, but most of them are hidden in tiny, hidden cocktail bar laneways and survive on word of mouth alone. Visit a speakeasy-style bar and learn about how and why Melbourne’s laneway scene developed.
- Rooftop bars are a favorite place for Melbournians to gather and not just in summer. During winter, some rooftops add a marquee and heaters and carry on regardless. You’ll visit one of the most eclectic rooftop bars in the city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Drinks and food
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Sir William Clarke Memorial Statue, Corner of Spring St and Treasury Place (next to the Old Treasury Building), Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Travelers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.