3-Day Great Ocean Road and Grampians Small-Group TourProduct ID: 38330
From £811 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceComplimentary pick-up and drop off for those staying in the Melbourne Central Business District. Please indicate your hotel name and address when booking.
- To enhance your experience we have chosen unique accommodation whether overlooking the Southern Ocean or among the grapes at Coonawarra wine district
- We use treasure chests to reveal many stories of the region. We carry original artifacts from one of the most famous shipwrecks in Australia, Loch Ard
- Journey along the famous Great Ocean Road
- Focus on Australian native wildlife as we observe Eastern Grey Kangaroos, koalas and colorful parrots in the wild
- See Port Fairy and Tower Hill Reserve, an inactive vulcano where drive into the crater and are likely to see Emus, Koalas and Kangaroos
- Stay and eat at the well renowned and award winning Royal Mail Hotel, Dunkeld
- Get on a small and personalized group touring experience of a maximum of 10 passengers makes our tours a unique and relaxing journey
- Learn more about the strong Aboriginal heritage of the region
- See the 12 Apostles in the beautiful morning light, away from the big afternoon crowd.
- Grampians National Park
After pick-up from your city hotel in Melbourne’s Central Business District or Federation Square, head out of Melbourne via the West Gate Bridge. Travel through the vast volcanic plains on route to Geelong, where you’ll have time to stroll along the beautiful waterfront.
Then start your journey along the Great Ocean Road at Torquay, stopping at various spots along the coast including Bells Beach, the Memorial arch, and the seaside resort of Lorne for lunch and shopping.
After lunch, cruise further along the spectacular Great Ocean Road, stopping at more scenic spots including Kennett River on the way to the Great Otway National Park, where you’ll enjoy a guided walk through a cool temperate rainforest to see the world's tallest flowering plants, prehistoric trees and ferns and unique features such as 'Yabbie Chimneys'.
Visit Apollo Bay before checking into the Beacon Point Ocean View Villas, where your private self-contained villa is set high on a hill overlooking the Southern Ocean – the perfect place to relax and unwind for a couple of hours before a great dinner.
Today starts with breakfast at a favorite local spot, the Bay Leaf Cafe. Then, travel through the Otway ranges and onto the Shipwreck Coast, stopping at Castle Cove for views over the Aire river valley. Learn about the region’s rich Aboriginal heritage and the many tribes that have lived prosperously along the coastline for thousands of years.
From there, visit the famous limestone stacks known as the 12 Apostles, true icons of Australia's natural beauty. After hearing of the creation of the stacks and holding some of the limestone rock you can explore the boardwalks or even take a helicopter flight along the coastline (not included).
Then visit 'Loch Ard Gorge', the site of the most famous 19th-century Australian shipwreck, before heading to the charming fishing village of Port Campbell for a lunch break. After lunch, pass along more impressive limestone formations on the way to the Tower Hill Game Reserve for the chance to see koalas, kangaroos, and emus living in this extinct volcanic crater.
From there, head north towards Grampians National Park, where you’ll check into your accommodation at the foot of Mt. Sturgeon, the renowned Royal Mail Hotel in Dunkeld.
The third day starts with an amazingly scenic drive along the Wonderland and Mt. William Ranges, through to Halls Gap in the heart of the Grampians National Park. Enjoy a few short walks at Baroka Lookout, Reid's Lookout, and McKenzie Falls, as well as visits to the Brambuk Aboriginal cultural center and a local rock art site.
Our journey back to Melbourne takes us through the gold mining township of Ballarat, once one of the richest towns in the world, before arriving back in the city at around 18:00.
- 2 nights accommodation in 3 1/2-4 star property
- Morning or afternoon tea on all days
- Dinner on first and second evening
- Breakfast on second and third morning
- Courtesy pick-up and drop off from Melbourne Central Business District
- Helicopter flight at 12 Apostles
If staying outside the Melbourne Central Buseiness District, pick-up will be from outside the Tourist Information Center, located at Federation Square, Melbourne. (Open in Google Maps)
Single supplement: A single travelling guest will be assigned their own villa or private hotel room. There is a supplement of $100 per night’s accommodation on tour. Two single travelers wanting to share should be booked as a twin share at time of booking.
Bookings for Public Holiday weekends may result in alternative accommodation being offered.
We reserve the right to amend and alter itineraries and accommodation when necessary.
Guests travelling on our Great Ocean Road tours returning to Melbourne are asked to limit their luggage to 1 small bag if possible.
Remember to bring warm clothing, walking shoes, and a raincoat.
Product ID: 38330