Many boats and junks are up and down stream the Mekong flows every day. Let’s check out what relaxation, experience and contentment Le Cochinchine is promoted by Gray Line Vietnam can bring to you during a cruise on this mighty river
What to Expect
Day 1: Saigon – Cai Be – Tra On - Overnight on board (L,D)
Pick-up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City by air-con shuttle bus and transfer to Vinh Long. The junk itinerary will be more or less scheduled as below:
Around 11.00 – 11.30am you reach the bank of the Mekong Delta at Cai Be.Transfer to our sampan for an extensive visit of Cai Be and its surroundings with colonial houses, fruit gardens, local coconut and rice small factories. Local sweets and fruits will be served during the trip.Embark the junk ‘Le Cochinchine’ and enjoy a welcome drink. Lunch is served on board as the barge sails down Co Chien River, then proceeds onto Mang Thit River.Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical orchards and local people's daily activities.Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while contemplating scenery on the way.Enjoy a pre-dinner drink over the sunset.Dinner and overnight on board
Day 2: Tra On - Can Tho – Saigon (B,L)
Breakfast on board the morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day, when our boat sails to Cantho thru tributaries, canals and arroyos. Transfer to Cai Rang, one of the most bustling floating markets in the whole Mekong Delta.The local boat slides on tiny waterways between palm-shaded banks for you to see green orchards, local houses, ship building yards, rural and river activities in full swing.At 11.00am we will disembark in Cantho, join our Junk’s shuttle bus to come back to Saigon. End of the cruise trip.
- 2-day cruise with stops and visits as stated with English-speaking guide escort on ‘Le Cochichine’ Cruise.
- 1-night accommodation on board on twin-shared cabins with air-con and en-suite bathroom
- Meal as mentioned in the program during the cruise
- Admission fee as mentioned in the program.
- Biking, sampan boat ride, ground transfer from hotel in Saigon to the pier in Mekong or so on.
- Services of crew during the cruise.
- Shuttle bus to/from Saigon.
What's Not Included
- Single supplement
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation in Saigon
- Drinks, other meals
- Tips and personal expenses