Leave the city of Marseille to enjoy an exciting electric mountain biking adventure.through the small roads and off-road tracks of Calanques National Park. This tour is designed for sporty people who can manage a bike off-road.
What to Expect
Meet your guide near Pointe Rouge beach to begin your 3-hour morning or afternoon e-bike tour. Get outfitted with a helmet and a 2016 electric mountain bike. After getting familiar with the different settings of your e-bike, set off towards Calanques National Park through Parc Pastré, a large natural area with trees and horses just below the cliffs.
Follow your experienced guide who will narrate your journey as you mountain bike down the tracks from the Montagne de l’Aigle to the Parc de la Fontaine d’Ivoire. Explore the beautiful scenery by alternately climbing and cruising down hills. From the Col de Cortiou pass, enjoy a breathtaking view of the famous Calanque de Sormiou 325 feet (100 m) below. Begin your journey back to civilization by ascending a steep road (thanks to electronic assistance) to return to the Calanques.
Ride along the Escampons Crest (Crête des Escampons), which is nestled between the city of Marseille and the Calanques. Finally, cycle through the Roy d’Espagne to return to the original starting point in Marseille's Pointe Rouge harbor. Although e-bikes offer electric pedaling assistance, this activity is recommended for athletic participants due to the steep climb. This 3-hour tour is led by an experienced guide in a small-group of no more than 10 people to ensure a personalized experience.
- Electric bikes
What's Not Included
- Transfer to the meeting point
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• A maximum of 10 people per booking
• Minimum rider age is 15 years.
• Dress code: wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable, loose fitting clothes that allow ease of movement. You are advised against wearing high heels or platforms, sandals or flip flops
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• All participants heights must be advised at time of booking
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund