Enjoy an extended weekend in Marrakech that’s a perfect introduction to the city and the surrounding areas. Stay at a traditional riad, learn the art of Moroccan cooking, travel to the High Atlas Mountains or coastal Essaouria, and experience a hammam.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 4-day weekend in Marrakech and visit the High Atlas Mountains or the coastal town of Essaouria as well. Stay in atmospheric accommodation in an authentic riad, with daily breakfast included. Explore the souks, learn how to cook a tagine, and visit a traditional hammam.
Day 1: Marrakech
You’ll be picked-up at the airport, welcomed to Morocco, and transferred to your riad, where you will spend 3 nights in authentic Marrakech-style accommodation.
Day 2: Marrakech
After breakfast, at around 10:00 you’ll be taken into the souks to buy fresh ingredients for your lunch. Learn about the spices that are so important in Moroccan cooking, and the vegetables and meats as well. When you return to the riad you’ll learn the secrets of the creating the perfect tajine, and have the opportunity to enjoy it during lunch.
At 14:00 your guide will meet you and take you out to explore the city for the rest of the afternoon. On a guided walking tour of the old city you’ll see its major palaces and important sights.
Admire El Badi Palace, now mainly in ruins but you’ll get an idea of its magnificence from the walls that are still standing. Stop at Bahia Palace and marvel at the colorful tile work, and the marble work, fountains, and gardens. See Youssef Medersa, once the largest university, and the Saadian marble tombs dating from the Saurian dynasty. Your visit will also include a walk through the souks, views of Koutoubia Mosque, and of course, Djema El Fna square.
Day 3: Day Trip from Marrakech
Choose between 2 options:
1. Head into the High Atlas Mountains to discover the Berber villages, amazing snow-capped peaks, and green valleys. Stop to meet a local family and enjoy a glass of mint tea, followed by a short camel trek in the mountains. It is also possible to go on a short trek to one of the waterfalls in the Setti Fatma valley. This is a memorable day of encountering Berber culture firsthand and enjoying the landscape of Toubkal National Park.
2. Travel to the coastal town of Essaouira, the former home to pirates located on the Atlantic Ocean. It is a UNESCO-protected city and a great destination for a day trip. Explore the old city, medina, ramparts, and the harbor. Enjoy a short walk along the boardwalk lining the beach. Choose from either a horseback ride or camel trek as well.
After returning to your riad, you can relax during a 1-hour session at a typical Moroccan hammam (Turkish bath). You’ll be scraped clean and pampered with a variety of lotions!
Day 4: Marrakech
Transfer to the airport for your departing flight.
- Round-trip airport transfers
- 3 nights' accommodation in an authentic riad in the old city (including breakfast)
- Cooking class with lunch
- Spa experience (with hammam)
- Camel trekking (possible horse trekking in Essaouira)
- Half-day with an English-speaking guide in Marrakech
- Car with fuel and driver for the day trip
What's Not Included
- Lunches (1 is included with your cooking class)
- Entry fees
Know Before You Go
The tour price is based on 3 or 4 star authentic riads, but an upgrade is possible on request.