Discover the fishing town of Essaouira and visit the traditional port and golden beach. Wander the lively medina, admire the charming houses and walk though the souvenir and craft shops.
What to Expect
Discover the idyllic fishing town of Essaouira and enjoy the drive through the plains between Marrakech and Essaouira, dotted with little towns, olive groves and argan trees. Learn more about the laborious production of argan oil and visit a local women's cooperative. Sample gourmet oil and cosmetics and buy a few if you like.
Upon arrival in Essaouira, discover the Portuguese character of the city at your own pace. Visit the bustling fishing port and see how the freshly-caught fish are sold and grilled. Walk through the lovely medina with its blue and white houses and countless restaurants and crafts for sale. Climb the historic fort with its watchtower and get a glimpse of life in the 16th century, as well as the incredible coastline.
- Private tour
- Local tour guide/chauffeur
- Pick-up from your accommodation
- Transport in comfortable 4x4 car, including fuel
What's Not Included
- Tips for your guide
Know Before You Go
• The temperature is often lower in Essaouira than in Marrakech because of the sea breezes, so don't forget a jacket
• Comfortable shoes and sunscreen are recommended