Enjoy a journey to visit Essaouira, a beautiful historical city in Morocco. Lying alonj the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, you will find the unique Argan forests and visit women cooperatives en route during this private day trip.
What to Expect
Enjoy a private day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira where you will be personally transported through the vast and breathtaking Moroccan landscape to Essaouira. On the journey you may see a few scattered villages and some camels, sheep and goats grazing in the countryside. The vegetation then changes to Argan trees that only grow in the wild and which provide berries for local goats to eat. If you wish it is possible to stop for an oil tasting in a small cooperative run by local women, where the Argan oil is extracted from the trees, this multi-purpose oil is very famous for its uses in cooking and also in cosmetics.
Nearby you can gaze at a panoramic view of Essaouira, a charming and artistic blue and white town. Once you arrive to Essaouira you can explore it's peculiar wonders at your leisure. Stroll along the quays, where you can watch fishermen unloading their catch of the day and fishing boats coming back to shore, or enjoy the many good restaurants at the part and dine on fresh fish and seafood.
Essaouira is a picturesque divers town where you can explore the historic ramparts and visit the Medina full of local artists selling their crafts made of thuya wood. The ramparts will give you an insight in to how this old seaport village was armed against the threat of invasion. Parquetry still remains a traditional speciality of Essaouira, and another beautiful attraction of the region is its tranquil beach, where you could easily spend a relaxing and peaceful afternoon.
- Hotel / Riad pick-up and drop off
- Transport by comfortable, private, air-conditioned mini van or 4WD
- Private tour
- Local taxes
What's Not Included
- Drinks and lunch
- Tips and gratuities for your driver (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour
• In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide