Slip on your snorkel mask and fins and jump into the aquamarine warm waters of the Indian Ocean. Discovering colorful corals, turtles, reef sharks, and stingrays! Then sit back and relax on a sandbank and enjoy a traditional Maldivian afternoon tea.
What to Expect
Your Maldives snorkel tour will begin with a safety briefing at the jetty, before you board the speedboat that will take you out onto the water. (Life jackets will be available on board.)
You’ll leave Hulhumale lagoon behind and head to your first stop, a coral reef where, just two meters below the surface there, you’ll find young and delicate hard coral, as well as a multitude of reef fish. Your guide will give you tips on how to snorkel without causing damage to the coral, as well as talk you through the key points for using snorkel equipment, remaining calm in the water, and protecting marine life. You’ll also get a mini marine life lesson, so that you can put names to many of the colorful fish you’ll see.
From there, you’ll travel to Kandu Oiy Giri island, where, just beyond the harbor wall, you might spy the many stingrays and moray eels that come to feast on the fish scraps thrown back into the water by the local tuna fish processing plant. Afterwards, you’ll head to a sandbank where you can swim and snorkel some more, or just relax on the beach.
You’ll enjoy a traditional Maldivian tea accompanied with fresh coconut, and get the chance to chat with your boat crew. You’ll snack on bite-size sweet and savory delights — the savory ones filled with vegetables, tuna, egg, and chili, the sweet ones with coconut, banana, or sponge cake. As the afternoon comes to a close, your Maldives tour will take you back to Hulhumale, where you will be able to catch a ferry to return to Malé or a taxi to your Hulhumale guesthouse.
- Local English-speaking snorkel guide,
- Snorkeling equipment
- Transportation by speed boat
- Maldivian afternoon tea
- 500 ml bottle of water
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Know Before You Go
• Please wear swimwear, a rash vest (swim shirt), and/or t-shirt, and bring sunscreen, a hat, and beach towel.
• It is recommended to leave your valuables such as passports and credit cards in the hotel and only bring a small amount of spending cash.
• Note that the Maldives is a Muslim country, therefore please ensure you dress modestly whilst travelling to and from the meeting point.
• The supplier is not able to accept non-swimmers on this tour.
• Departures are subject to weather conditions — for safety reasons, this tour does not operate during storms or excessively roughs seas.
• Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above providing they are able to swim. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. All children will be expected to wear a life jacket whilst on the speedboat and in the water.