First stop is the Naval Museum of Mahebourg, followed by a visit to the Manioc biscuit factory. Next, cross the old Cavendish Bridge and visit the local market. Finally, enjoy lunch and a leisurely tour through the Ferney nature reserve.
What to Expect
Your first stop will be at Ile aux Aigrettes to explore the flore & fauna of Mauritius. You will then head to the enchanting town of Mahébourg, the oldest settlement on the island. The old Naval Museum houses many relics of the historic battle between the French and the British in 1810, as well as other interesting artifacts. Another unique attraction is the Manioc (Cassava) biscuit factory, operated by the Rault family for more than 140 years.
A walk across Cavendish Bridge, also the oldest bridge in Mauritius, ends at the colorful and bustling village market, with hundreds of stalls selling tropical fruits, vegetables, spices as well as some handicrafts and textiles.
You will end the tour with a last stop at the Glass Bottom Boat at Blue Bay Marine Park.
- Pick-up and drop-off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Full transportation to all sights
- A personal guide (French, English or German speaking)
- Entry tickets to all sights
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Bad weather - cancellation by the supplier before departure: full refund
• Bad Weather - cancellation during excursion: partial refund
• The supplier reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion