First stop is the Naval Museum of Mahebourg, followed by a visit to the Manioc biscuit factory. Next, cross the old Cavendish Bridge and visit the local market. Finally, enjoy lunch and a leisurely tour through the Ferney nature reserve.
What to Expect
Mahébourg, the oldest settlement on the island, is an enchanting town. The old Naval Museum houses many relics of the historic battle between the French and the British in 1810, as well as other interesting artifacts. Another unique attraction is the Manioc (Cassava) biscuit factory, operated by the Rault family for more than 140 years.
A walk across Cavendish Bridge, also the oldest bridge in Mauritius, ends at the colorful and bustling village market, with hundreds of stalls selling tropical fruits, vegetables, spices as well as some handicrafts and textiles. A few minutes away is the protected nature reserve of Ferney. The visitors’ centre is a rich source of information about nature conservation in Mauritius.
After a lunch in the rustic restaurant, a guide will take you for a leisurely walk to discover the beautiful surroundings, full of endemic Flora. With a bit of luck you may see one of the rarest Birds in the world, the Mauritian Kestrel. It is aim to support the conservation efforts of this valley, and our clients are invited to plant a native tree.
- Pick-up and drop-off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Full transportation to all sights
- A personal guide (French, English or German speaking)
- Entry tickets to all sights
Know Before You Go
• No Show (confirmed clients do not show up for departure): No Refund
• Cancellation on the day of excursion: No Refund
• Cancellation one day before the excursion: 25% Refund
• Cancellation two or more days before the excursion: Full Refund
• Weather conditions not suitable to clients: No Refund
• Bad weather - cancellation by Connections before departure: Full Refund
• Bad Weather - cancellation during excursion: Partial Refund
The supplier reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion.