Experience the landscapes, culture and gastronomy of Mauritius on a 10-hour sightseeing tour of the south coast. Visit the lush tropical valley of La Vanille Nature Reserve, go to the Sugar Estate of Saint Aubin, and enjoy stunning views from Gris Gris.
What to Expect
See the Giant Tortoises of Mauritius, and come up-close-and-personal with Nile Crocodiles on a scenic full-day tour of the island’s rugged South Coast.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer to the tropical valley of La Vanille Nature Reserve just north of Souillac. Home to a diverse and large variety of regional flora and fauna, La Vanille is also a breeding center for Giant Tortoises and Nile Crocodiles, which can be seen in abundance. Learn about the different life cycles of the reptiles, and watch crocodile feeding time.
Then, go to the former sugar plantation at Saint Aubin and learn more about the island’s traditional crop at the Sugar Factory. While the plantation no longer produces sugar, the grounds include a large tropical garden, rum distillery, small farm, and the magnificent colonial mansion from the 19th century. Taste some of the rum produced in the distillery, and sample the fruits of the farm during a traditional Mauritian lunch.
Continue to Gris Gris on the island’s southernmost tip for stunning views of the Indian Ocean. Witness the power of nature as the waves crash relentlessly against the black cliffs of Savanne.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Transportation to all sights
- Guide (French, English, or German-speaking)
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned on the itinerary
- Rum tasting at Saint Aubin
Know Before You Go
• You will be contacted by a hotel representative to advise you of your pick-up time
• There are no refunds for cancellations on the day of the tour, or for a no-show. If you cancel on the day before your tour you will get a 25% refund. Bookings cancelled 2 or more days before the tour will get a full refund
• If you cancel due to the weather you will not get a refund. If the local supplier cancels due to the weather you will get a full refund (or partial refund if the cancellation occurs during the tour)
• The local tour operator reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion