This tour combines two half day tours departing from Madrid, with visits of Toledo and Aranjuez at the same day!
What to Expect
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”! Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco.
Enjoy the outside view of the Cathedral and visit the Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del señor de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco. You also see the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. Enjoy a panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
Continue your trip to Aranjuez to visit The Royal Palace, where we will appreciate the variety of decorative styles and emphasizing the China Chamber Porcelain and the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, The Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island is characterized by great variety of vegetation and tree species. After this visit The Museum of Royal Feluccas (a type of long and narrow light boats, used in ports and rivers) was built in 1963 and exhibits the boats used by the royal family to navigate the Tagus river. These include a gondola belonging to Philip V, although the ship actually dates to the reign of Charles II, and the boats of Charles IV, Ferdinand VII and Elizabeth II.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Multilingual official guide
- Entrances to the monuments included in the tour of Toledo: Church of St. Tomé, Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca and Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entrance to the Royal Palace of Aranjuez
What's Not Included
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified above.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Comfortable shoes are recommended.
• The Museum of Royal Feluccas will not be visited in October for technical reasons.