Madrid: 2-Hour Walking Tour with Royal Palace Option
From £13 per personBook now
- Learn about the history and culture of Madrid
- Stroll the medieval heart of Madrid and see the city's oldest buildings
- Admire the neoclassical façade of Almudena Cathedral
- Walk down the baroque stairs of the Arco de Cuchilleros
- Go inside the Royal Palace to see the official rooms and private chambers of Spanish monarchs
The 2-hour tour covers the main highlights of the Hapsburg city, from the Plaza Mayor to Lujanes Tower, where French King Francois I was kept prisoner by Spanish Emperador Carlos V. You will also see the House of Cisneros on the peaceful Plaza de la Villa, which, along with the Torre de los Lujanes, form the oldest buildings in the city.
Walk down the stairs of the Arco de Cuchilleros, one of the most popular entrances to Plaza Mayor, and navigate the winding alleys around Plaza de la Villa to discover the core of medieval Madrid.
Move on to the neoclassic Cathedral of Almudena, ending at beautiful Plaza de Oriente, location for the vast Royal Palace. Here, you will have the option to go inside the former residence of Spanish Kings to see the opulently furnished reception rooms, Royal Chapel, Throne Room and private chambers of King Carlos III and Queen Isabel II.
- Tickets to the Royal Palace (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
The tour departs from Trapsatur Terminal, 7 Calle San Bernardo, Madrid. The closest metro stations are Santo Domingo (Line 2) and Callao (Lines 3 and 5), located 2 and 5 minutes walking distance respectively from the terminal. (Open in Google Maps)
• Advanced reservations for the Royal Palace are required
Product ID: 32906