Enjoy a real and unique experience learning about the fresh seasonal products and ingredients the secret source of Spanish cuisine. Get off the beaten market tours visiting the biggest locals-only Madrid´s neighborhood.
What to Expect
Walk around the 200+ market stalls sharing the knowledge of a local guide. You see homemakers as chefs buying their daily fare for their delicious Mediterranean recipes. Enjoy a real and unique experience learning about the fresh seasonal products and ingredients the secret source of Spanish cuisine.
The market tour starts off by filling one´s belly having a chance to try a typical Spanish brunch of Churros and chocolate, coffee with a toast of bread and fresh tomatoes with olive oil or a Tapa of Tortilla (Spanish omelet). Once you have gathered strength you are ready to visit the big market and discover all the variety of fresh Spanish products sold in there.
You are visiting Spain's biggest fresh market on 8.800 square meters. Admire stalls of fruit and vegetables, delicious olives, meats, hams, and fresh fish & shellfish from three seas. You will make several stops in different stalls learning first-hand from the shopkeepers and buying seasonal products to delight them during the tour in market´s bars.
Don´t miss the opportunity to buy at a good price delicious ingredients like saffron, paprika, canned bask white tuna, extra virgin olive oil and quirky jams of red peppers or chestnuts. Discover the secrets behind the famous Spanish cuisine and the quality fresh ingredients.
After the visit you can come back to meeting point with the guide or continue the morning by yourself going shopping at the largest department store in the city of Madrid or visiting the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, home ground of Real Madrid football (soccer) team. Both places are close to the market.
- Subway/underground ticket round trip
- 3 drinks and over 8 food tastings
- English / Spanish speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Other food and drinks
- Transportation to the meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within one day of your selection, in this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, Subject to availability.
• Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking.
• This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.