Enjoy a tour off the beaten track, tasting the best Iberian Ham pairing it with selected Spanish wines. Tour experience handed by native Madrilian. If you are in Madrid don´t miss the chance to experience the most delicious ham in the world!
What to Expect
During this 2.5 hour tour, taste several cuts of Iberian meats like chorizo, salchichón, lomo, and ham paired with Manchego cheese and other classic tapas. As you do so, learn about the fascinating history and culture of wine, the differences between each type of ham you can find in the market and master how to shop for them like a local. In this tour you'll visit Emblematic and High Quality Jamonerías (Home of Ham).
Do you know the difference between Jamón Serrano and Jamón Ibérico? Do you know the difference between Jamón and Paletilla? It will be explained to you. Learn all about the wide range of Ham (Jamón) and its related products. You will see where the Jamón Ibérico´s 4 protected Qualified Appellation of Origin in Spain are. Taste and see how a professional ham cutter carves those delicious thin slices with his special long knife. You will experience first-hand why Iberian ham (Black hoof) is so delicious and unique…and also healthy.
- Foodie specialized local guide
- Iberian Ham, cured meats, Tapas and cheese tasting
- Spanish wines tasting
- Glass of wine, beer, or soft drinks in each bar/Jamonerías
- Explanations about Spanish Ham & Wine Culture
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks not specified in the inclusions
- Transportation to the meeting point
Know Before You Go
• Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking. Vegetarian option not available.
• This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.