El Escorial: Full-Day Excursion and Cycle Tour from MadridProduct ID: 16537
From £129 per personBook now
- Visit the 16th-century Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
- Cycle in the wooded foothills of the western Sierra Guadarrama range
- Explore wooded country lanes, pastures and hillsides
- Enjoy regional specialties in a 3-course lunch at the hillside village of Zarzalejo
On our cycling route we cover at least 30 km (20 miles), with a few uphill slopes. The route can be shortened or extended as necessary, depending on the overall ability level of the group.
Following the monastery visit we begin our cycling tour with a climb up the wooded slopes that surround El Escorial, to the point where we reach a level track known as El Horizontal. From here you’ll enjoy excellent views of the monastery and of the skyline of Madrid.
We continue our ride in the foothills of the imposing Abantos mountain peak, on level and gently downhill nature trails to King Phillip’s Seat. From this stop we continue riding through the shadows of the craggy Machota Mountains to the village of Zarzalejo, where we’ll rest and enjoy a typical 3-course lunch with drinks.
After lunch we’ll continue riding, passing the village of Peralejo and ending with a final uphill climb back to El Escorial.
When we’ve finished the tour, we’ll drive back to Madrid, where you’ll be given a CD photo album of your excursion!
- Transportation by minibus to El Escorial and back to our office in Madrid
- 27-gear hybrid bikes, helmets and technical support
- Water and snacks
- Entrance fees for visits to the Royal Monastery, Pantheon and Library
- Guided cycling tour along the foothills of the western Sierra Guadarrama range
- Sit-down set menu lunch at Zarzalejo
- CD photo album presented at the end of the tour
- Additional food and beverages
Bravo Bike's office at C. Juan Alvarez Mendizabal, no. 19, close to Plaza de España in the center of Madrid. The nearest Metro station is Plaza de España, served by Metro lines 3 and 10 (Open in Google Maps)
As an alternative for advanced cyclists only, Bravo Bike offers a tour starting from our office in Madrid (2166 feet/710 meters altitude) to El Escorial (3334 feet /1100 meters altitude), mostly on off-road tracks. The cycling route to El Escorial is 34 miles (55 kms) long and takes 4 to 5 hours, cycling over rolling terrain with some longer climbs. There is a stop for an excellent 3-course menu lunch in El Escorial. Our return journey is by train form El Escorial to Madrid’s Principe Pio station – a journey of one hour. We also can offer this tour the opposite way, cycling from El Escorial to Madrid.
Weekend tours carry a supplement of € 10 per person.
A minimum of 4 participants is required for this tour
Product ID: 16537